Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Creme

I’m a big fan of hot dogs- I want to put that out there. Likewise, that lovable mixture of hotdogs and baked beans has always been an easy to make favorite, rearing it’s pretty head around football season in our home.
And then we went to Crème, our often forgotten neighborhood restaurant. And pork and beans never tasted so good.
I say “often forgotten” because it’s not my first thought for a meal around the corner. My love for Busboys and Poets is documented, and I don’t think I’ve written too much about Station 9 (though I’ve had several great meals there) so when dinner out presents itself, I opt for one of my favorites (and did I mention Sushi Tono?)
But those pork and beans have changed my tune. A generous serving of tender pork shank atop a perfect mix of shallots and tri-colored lima beans hit the spot. I’ve had their shrimp and grits, I’ve had their roasted chicken, and I’ve enjoyed them thoroughly…but I think I found my favorite.
This is sophisticated pork and beans, my friends. I may never look at hot dogs the same way again.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post Taresa! I went to Creme for brunch a few weeks ago and the food was delicious! The bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys are also a plus! I love your blog!