Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What a Foodie Wants


It’s the day before Valentine’s Day- you may be scrambling to remember your significant other’s signature perfume or ring size, favorite rock band or restaurant they said they’ve always wanted to try.
I’m keeping it real.
We’re staying in – we both have big trips to take on Friday. My husband is heading to New Jersey (with a tray of frozen ziti, baked and frozen by you-know-who) to help his dad recover from surgery. I am heading to Seattle to spend a few days with my best friend. So we’ll both be far away from each other, but with people we love.
So what do I want for Valentine’s Day? I’d take one of these, but I already have the most important thing – a caring, loving husband, who encourages me to keep writing, keep cooking, keep dreaming, and will eat whatever I put in front of him with a smile on his face.
As for tomorrow, I’ve got the perfect card picked out, and am almost certain of tomorrow night’s menu (to include medium rare steak in a red wine reduction, asparagus, potatoes of some sort and chocolate mousse…I think.)
If you’re thinking about laying low this year, here’s a list of a few great menus from some of my favorite people:

It's worth posting again- Eric Ripert

No comments: