Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Absolute and Resolute

I’m making only one- one that makes sense because it makes me happy, is healthy, is attainable, is good for my future and head, maybe profession? All of it.
I usually spend my lunch break eating whatever leftovers I brought from home (or occasionally trying a new spot), wishing I had remembered to bring whatever book I’m reading (or actually reading the book I remembered to bring…although it’s rare) or picking up prescriptions from CVS (apparently I take a lot of medicine)
BUT…what I should be doing is writing…writing here, or in my hand-written journal. So, my resolution is to write more.
How did I come to this resolution?
I just spent the last hour and a half catching up with Stephanie Klein’s blog. When I discovered her blog about 3 years ago it consumed me for a whole day (yes, I was at work. Sue me.) It’s been some time since I’ve read it, but it always inspires me to be me…and to do more things that make me happy and make me, me. So that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to make it a priority to try to write every day.
I’d also like to lose ten pounds. Ha!

No comments: