Monday, January 28, 2008

Rocco Rocks

I have a crush...it's ok, my husband knows. In fact, I don't think he minds...it only makes me a better cook and him a happier eater.

I have a crush on Rocco DiSpirito. I know, I know, he sold out, he needs to get back in the kitchen, yeah, yeah. I know it all. And yet, I crush.


I hadn't thought about him in a while, and then Saturday, while walking through the (gasp!) frozen foods aisle, I spotted a bag of Bertoli pre-made pasta meal in a bag. Something about chicken and penne. (Don’t worry, I didn’t actually buy it.) It all came rushing back to me. Memories of last season’s Top Chef. Bourdain’s blogged insults about Rocco. The aftermath.
Why must we pick on Rocco? What did he ever do, besides have great curly hair, an entrepreneurial mom, a few restaurants and some guest appearances?
Please, Rocco haters, explain it to me. Explain to me why he’s become a whipping post.
Thinking about Rocco makes me think about Top Chef…oh, cooking Gods, please give Rocco another guest appearance this season…I’ll pass the time until the season starts (what’s the countdown?) by purchasing a few of Rocco’s books.

No comments: