Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is it weird that I've been dreaming about homemade potato chips all day? I'm at work, I'm busy, I've got deadlines and I'm getting a lot done, but I got chips on the brain.
My fabulous brother got me this for Christmas, and all I've been able to think about is how fabulous it would be to have homemade chips. Sure, I could do cole slaw too, or zucchini bread, but who can think about green vegetables at a time like this?
I can't decide if I want to use sweet potatoes or white potatoes; if I want to try an easy recipe like this one or something a little more creative and pretty like this. Although I'm not sure I'll be purchasing caviar for a laid-back weekend with my husband, the creme fraiche is a pretty fantastic idea.
What if I made my own homemade Old Bay chips? What if I did salt and vinegar? And you can't have chips without dip..homemade onion dip? Clam dip? The possibilities are endless.
So the real question here isn't about what kind of potato chips I should make, it's what would I be doing if I could spend all day doing something I love?

No comments: