Monday, January 7, 2008

Mmm...Bell pepper...


Your love of Top Chef may dictate your feelings about Anthony Bourdain, but I beg you – if you think he’s a jerk, check out his show, No Reservations. It completely changed my opinion. Last night I watched last season’s episode about China, and it’s got me very psyched for the series premiere tonight!
And if you can’t get enough cooking shows (and you’re awaiting Top Chef’s spring arrival as much as I am) I suggest also watching Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsay is a well-known Scottish born, English bred chef who travels Europe infiltrating kitchens, embarrassing chefs and getting restaurants back on track with basic menus, toned down décor and better waitstaff. He does it all in his hour-long show with much humor and great British curse words that only BBC would allow.
You’ll probably recognize Ramsay from Hell’s Kitchen…I’m telling you, this show is better.
If I had my own cooking show, who would I be? Probably Giada, with Ramsay’s wit, Mario’s love of wine and some of the guest appearances from Top Chef. Set to the tone of Iron Chef…the original Iron Chef, that is.

No comments: